Man dies after being electrocuted

Police are investigating the death of a 46-year-old man which occurred about 11:40 a.m. this morning.

The man who is a general worker was reportedly working on the roof of a building under construction located at Salters, St. George.

He was handling a long metal object that was being hoisted by a crane, when that object came into contact with electrical lines, causing him to be electrocuted before falling to the ground.

He was assisted by other people prior to an ambulance arriving and taking him away to the hospital. He died whilst receiving medical treatment.  (PR)